23 January 2012

I'm back :-)

23 January 2012
It's been a little over a year since I boarded a plane to spend a 6 months in my home away from home, Argentina. While the journey was filled with its fair share of highs and lows, I wouldn't change it for the world. In fact, if given the chance when the opportunity arises, I will head back (with my soon-to-be-husband!). Who wouldn't want to trade freezing rain for 90+ degree weather?!


Until that day, my new coasters of Buenos Aires will have to suffice. After finals and graduation, I had a lot of free time on my hands (something I NEVER have). When I realized that this free time wouldn't come around for another 60 years, my creative juices started flowing. :-) The finished product (among others) was a set of coasters showcasing all of my favorite neighborhoods and landmarks in Buenos Aires! I used one of the actual maps I carried around with me, so these definitely hold a lot of sentimental value. It will be fun to reminisce of a warmer time, while suffering through the cooooold Iowa winter. 


0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Adventures of the Gringa in Buenos Aires