25 May 2011

And I'm Off

25 May 2011
My mom would be proud, I had my bag packed and ready to go before I got up this morning for my flight to Salta AND I packed light. I may or not have been late leaving my house to meet up with Cara and Paula at school to go to the Jorge Newberry Airport, so I took a remis (taxi) and got there a good 15 minutes before they arrived.

With our flight in two hours, we flagged down another remis ... well he flagged us down ... and we were on our way. Our remisero was jamming to the radio and in a matter of minutes we pulled up to the airport. There was hardly any wait and before I knew it we had tickets in hand.

We opted to carry-on our bags and right before the scanning process we realized that we probably had prohibited items - tweezers and aerosol cans. But since this is Argentina we ran our bags through the machine, walked casually through the body scanner with our shoes still on and continued on our way. Not to mention that I'm pretty sure I could have packed more than a ziplock bag full of liquids if I had wanted.

In order to get to our gate, we had to pass through a shopping area with everything imaginable -- suitcases, wine, chocolate, clothes, leather goods, etc. When we finally reached the end, we were greeted by the national Argentine soccer team! I used my stealth picture taking skills to capture the moment, so I'll have to post that later. For the moment being, I'm really loving the laid-back travel procedures here :-)

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Adventures of the Gringa in Buenos Aires