02 May 2011

Fall in Argentina

02 May 2011
Fall is my favorite season - I love seeing the trees change colors. Here they change color much more slowly and the leaves haven't dried up yet, but it's gorgeous.

And in general, the weather here is amazing - hot summers, springs and for the most part, falls. (especially for Iowa standards) Winter doesn't include snow and temps are typically in the 40's, maybe mid-30's. however, I've become weak... I've lost the thick Iowa skin.

Today it's currently 55 degrees and I am absolutely freezing! (maybe in part because the heat isn't turned on yet in my room, but no worries - it will be when I get home tonight!) At any other time, I would think 55 was great, but I've gotten used to being spoiled by the warm temps. When locals thought it was cold months ago when it was in the low 70's, I was walking around in tanks and tees. (They were definitely in sweaters and parkas.... I can't wait to see how they dress now)

Thankfully they have good coffee here and today mine came with three mini sugar cookies :-)

1 comments:

Unknown

Coffee can improve any day!! :)

Post a Comment

 
Adventures of the Gringa in Buenos Aires