Having to leave extra early to take public transportation and accounting for the occasional paro (strike), traffic jam or crazy soccer fans that make the trains stop working and los colectivos change their routes
Stepping on any and all cracks, crevices and broken or loose sidewalk tiles... Which ALWAYS had nasty, dirty liquid underneath that sprayed my feet every single day
Watching where I walk, not only because of the tiles, but because sidewalks aren't surrounded by grass. No big deal, right? Except for the fact that dogs are as numerous as students and you can count on them having left a present or two or three for you to step in
Polluted breathing air - you can especially tell a difference with the volcanic ashes in the mix
Overpriced goods thanks to inflation, but I'll miss the cheap services!
Being dripped on by the buildings as I walk by... I'm pretty sure I'm the only one this happens to though because I've asked other people and they never get dripped on
Being whistled at / yelled at / clucked at / muttered at / stared at / given cheesy pick up lines / you name it by every other guy anywhere I go... Police officers, men in business suits, old men, young boys, construction workers, security guards, waiters, etc etc
Being spoken to in English - especially when I talk to the person in Spanish
*although as most of you probably know, overall I love it here so this is in no way a knock on BA, just things that I can definitely do without*
27 June 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

0 comments:
Post a Comment